September 5, 2007

What's the bane of my existence?

Running. Plain and simple. Running to me is like scratching nails over a chalkboard for some. Running is like the torture you see Jack Bauer deal with on a regular basis on 24. Running will kill me one day, I promise. It will kill me just so I can prove to everyone who has ever told me that running "isn't that bad" .... I can tell you now, it's how I will find my demise.

I do it though, because it's good for you, because it gets you moving, gets you exercising. Actually it does motivate me to eat better too. I find that when I am exercising I am eating better and saying "NO" to the chocolate bin. But honest to freaking God .... running sucks. So much. I would rather walk 10 miles then run 1. I'm not exaggerating. (Which I am known to do.) This is the honest truth. I might take up speed walking. You know where people like dislocate their hips so that they can move faster. Yup, new plan, speed walking marathons here I come.

I bought new running shoes. I got a good discount. And they are PINK. PINK running shoes. They're so freaking cute. But the first time I walked in them - I got a huge blister, so now I'm working on overcoming that obstacle in addition to the whole "I hate running" obstacle.

But hey, yesterday -- I ran. I ran 2 miles. And I walked about .5 in addition to that. So in my mind, good for me.

But I promise ... If I have an untimely death -- you can blame it on the running.

3 comments:

mccashew said...

I love the questions... and I totally agree that running is just terrible. What I hate most relates to the breathing, or lack thereof.

What's the bane of my existence? The fact that I continue to shed at an unimaginable rate so that wherever I go there is a trail of long dark hairs marking my path. I could literally sweep up said hair each evening and STILL have to do it again the following morning. It's gross and I'm sorry, but that is the bane at the moment.

KHMcManama said...

my bane? always a bridesmaid. sigh.

KHMcManama said...

Umm ... hi, it's just me here, WAITING for another post!