September 19, 2007

What do I love the most?

Please note the question is What I love ... not Who .... so no arguments from anyone (you know who you are) please:

I love Google the most. The most most most out of ANYthing in the world. I think McCashew knows this the most -- she loves to send me updates on things Google can do - as if I don't already know EVERYTHING about Google. (just kidding, keep the updates coming!) Seriously. I think I was the first person to use GoogleDocs, I GoogleMap everything, I even blog with Blogger (aka GoogleBlog). Here are the following reasons I love everything that is Google.

1. Gmail - One word: Search. Lots of words: You can search for your emails!! It is so freaking awesome. Just this past weekend I was in need of directions to McCashew's house for her Christening - and I remembered that my brother had emailed me directions a month or so ago. I simply typed "Steve directions" into the search and BAM the email with the word document popped up. Also gmail automatically updates if someone you are in an email chain writes back to you. So in my incessant emails with Pam -- sometimes she writes two emails before I can finish writing my response to the first one -- and it lets me know so I can keep on top of things like giving her sh*t about stuff. It's great.

2. Gchat - One word: Obsessed. Lots of words: No more flashing orange bubbles on the bottom of your screen - if you have gmail open then it's just like having a buddy list open all the time. Any of your friends who have Gmail are on Gchat and it's just that simple. Chat away. You can make faces like this: ;) and :-P and they will move and turn the right way and wink or stick out their tongue. Seriously, try it. But only in Gchat.

3. GoogleMaps - One word: Reassuring. Lots of words: I am obsessed with directions and knowing where I am going - just ask anyone who has ever driven in a car with me. I hate not knowing where I am, being lost, well, makes me insane. GoogleMaps lets you not only simply get the best directions - it also lets you know about traffic in the area. It tells you about construction. Also if you say, want to take a back road you know of but aren't quite sure, you can simply drag the "direction" line over to that road and GoogleMaps readjusts the route for you. Also you can "add a destination" if you are going to stop at two different places - it gives you the best way to get between the two. Oh yeah and the "search" function on GoogleMaps is pretty ridiculous as well. Put in "Boston, MA" into the location and "Bowling" ... it will give you all the bowling alley's located within the map you are looking at.

4. GoogleDocs - One word: Organized. Lots of words: I love google docs. They have a word doc, an spreadsheet doc, and other docs that I dont use. (yet!) So obviously these are cool because if you have something saved on your google account you can access it anywhere there is a computer. Something like - my address book! So wherever I am - work, home, parents house - I can open up my google documents and have any and all addresses I need. It's awesome. Also you can share Google Docs with other Google users. So again, my address book, well now that mine is mostly updated, I plan on sharing it with my family and friends who would want to have the same people's addresses. It's the greatest for To Do lists.

5. iGoogle - One word: Home. Lots of words: Hi it's the coolest. A personalized homepage. Mine has my gmail account (shows only the first 5, nice to always have open), the date and time, the weather at my top 5 favorite locations, a love quote of the day, a funny quote of the day, driving direction page, and a link to my googleCalendar ...

6. GoogleCalendar - One word: Heaven. Lots of words: Don't even get me started. I think I have about 8 different calendars going on in my life right now but this one is seriously the best. You can color code things, you can make things repeat annually or weekly or bi-weekly (PAY DAY beyotches!!) ... you can also "share" your calendars with other Google users. Or there are things called public calendars such as "Boston College Fall 2007 Football Schedule" or "Virginia Tech Fall2007 Football Schedule" so that you can figure out which games are potential conflicts for relationships and what date the famous "BC vs Tech we-are-not-boyfriend-and-girlfriend-on-this-day" date is. You know something like that should be planned so that everyone is well aware of the situation.

Well that is it for now. I'm sure there is more to come in another addition of "Why google is the best" according to McQuestionable.

Why do you love Google?

Or I guess I should ask - what do YOU love the most?

1 comment:

KHMcManama said...

I love yoga the most. And babies. Quiet babies.

For Google: I love the fun designs they put on their logo for holidays.