September 13, 2007

Are you ready for some football??

Oh. My. Goodness! So I thought we had a crazy summer. I thought I was go-go-go all summer long, knowing that my fall would be nice and relaxing ... am I crazy?! Was I not raised in a football-loving family. Do I not live with my football CRAZED boyfriend? What. was. I. thinking?!?!

Last weekend we were football crazy. Friday night tons of BC '05ers were in town because of the BC vs. NCState football game ... one of my favorite reasons for still living in Boston ... I can guarantee that people will come to me at least once a year even if they have ulterior motives and are really looking for my mom's meatballs and a good football game - I accept the 3rd place status. But seriously. A hard and fun night Friday ... leading into an early rising to prepare for the noon tailgate ... followed by a 4 hour football game in the 95 degree heat (I'm not exhaggerating!) ... followed by another hour of tailgating ... and a tedious trip home ... only to clean the apartment, go out and pick up some food, because we were entertaing for the National Holiday that was Virignia Tech vs LSU.

Jokes aside, we (cough::G::cough) had been waiting for this day for a LOOONG time. Well basically since they put the schedule out. This was to be THE game. They had game day for a second week in a row (even though it was AT LSU, but I digress) and it was going to be a BIG game for Tech. Well. Needless to say, it didn't go that way. And as the 9:00pm game lasted until about 1:00am - even though I only lasted until about midnight - the mighty Hokies fell and fell hard. The Tech fans were severely dissappointed by the scoreboard but are now very excited for their new quarter back TT, Tyrod Taylor!!! So I'll leave this portion of the post saying -- GO HOKIES! (That is unless they're playing BC, then, yeah right! GO EAGLES!!)

But, it didn't end there, seriously. It never ends. Sunday morning I woke up to P-A-T-S PATS PATS PATS. So you know what I said? Umm - NO, I'll be watching TLC in the bedroom thank you very much.

Don't get me wrong. I do. I love football. It's a fun sport. I even have my own fantasy team this year. [A post for another day.] But seriously. Three games? One weekend?! NO THANK YOU. And this was just week one. I am pretty sure this will be my life through November. Oh. My. Goodness.

3 comments:

mccashew said...

Um yeah... I say the same thing in August every year - summer is rolling to an end and we can have some restful relaxing weekends. That is until I am rudely awoken by the fantasy football draft which signals the inevitable - football season. I like football. I really do, just not quite as much as Stevie.

KHMcManama said...

And then ... holiday season!

Unknown said...

it was actually reported to be 126 degrees on the field during the game. hottest i have ever felt in a long time and that is a lot coming from me....