November 26, 2007

How do I get there from here?

So this morning I walk in for day one of week three at my new job. Only to find that the only way I know how to get to my cube is completely blocked off because of some construction. I literally stared at the staircase I have taken every day and just looked and felt lost. It was almost a sign "Just turn around and go back to bed" ... and I almost did. Until the nice gym guy walks by and says "You're new. And you don't know how to get to your desk right now do you?" And of course I said no. And he guided me up and down in two different elevators.

Let me explain that my building is divided into four "buildings," (or corridors as most people would call them, but nooooooo) with a fifth located "across the street" and building six is down the street and sells beer. I can't wait for a meeting in building six. You know that funny "You cant get there from here" Poland Spring water commercial? Well it seriously exists here. Only levels three and four actually go straight across the four corridors ... if you're on one or two (I'm on two) you have to go up to get over. If that makes any sense at all to you, please feel free to come and guide me through my own building cause I am lost as all hell.

Two things I do know how to find: The store with 50% off. It is about 40 yards from my desk and I can't go anywhere without walking by it. And looking. and loving. Second, the cafeteria. Yes. It's great. A bit more expensive then I expected. But the salad bar is great and I will be hitting it up a lot. Although this week my lovely boyfriend did some grocery shopping yesterday so I will be bringing lunch this week and saving some cash to buy some Christmas presents.

Oh boy, Christmas shopping.
Yikes.

2 comments:

KHMcManama said...

So I guess the only question that remains is, "When are we hittin' up the Bldng. 6 bar?"

Stormin' said...

Thank goodness you're back. Tax class was getting too boring without you...although i'm a little embarrassed to know you given your inability to figure out how to get your desk