October 29, 2007

Where were you when the Red Sox won the World Series?!

The next question now has to be ... which one?!

YAAAAAAAAAY RED SOX!!!!!!!

So the answer ...

2004: I was at An Tua Nua - a bar in the Fenway area - watching with my best friends from high school Pam and Anna. It was my senior year in college and it was the best night ever. Anna flew home from her studies abroad in Spain. We watched the Sox win and celebrated by pouring beer all over each other. Hard earned beer. We then rushed down to Kenmore to join the crowds .... and quickly came face to face with some police in riot gear - and ran in the other direction! I think I was the only person getting on the B line train going OUT of the city rather then IN! But it was awesome and I will never forget it.

2007: A very different scene. Greg and I stayed in after a long and busy weekend. We watched the game together ... and as it got later and later we realized how "old" we are! We were struggling to stay awake, refusing to leave the living room and the couch for the bedroom because I knew I would fall asleep! Fianlly we watched the last half inning in the bedroom. Watched about 15 minutes of celebration, and passed out for the night! Does that mean we were any less excited then we were three years earlier -- I dont think so. Does that mean we are waaay lamer then we were - yes, definitely.

Any where and any way you watchted the game -- it was a GREAT game and a GREAT series.

GOOOOOOO RED SOX!!!!!!!!!

No comments: