October 22, 2007

Did you hear the news?

I (finally!) got a new job!! I will be working for Reebok, located in Canton MA. My position is still in HR which I am excited about because I really don't think I needed to switch careers but rather switch companies. I will be part of a program called the Functional Trainee program - where I will do rotations in different functions of HR for 12-18 months, 3 or 4 months at a time, and at the end they will help me find a full time position within the company where I best fit. I am so excited!!! I will start on November 12th. My last day here will be Nov 6th. And I will take a few days off and go down to Virginia Tech to watch the Tech vs FSU game.

That brings me to my current connundrum. Greg and I will be breaking up this week. No worries. No gasps. It's only going to be for 24 hours. 10 hours before the game, 4 hours during, and 10 hours after. Therefore nothing we say during those 24 hours can or will be used against us in the court of our house. Haha. In all seriousness I think we've gone a little far with the competition this year. Please check out our pumpkins that we carved this weekend. As Sara stated earlier - it looks like BC is on FIRE!

Other things ... everything is really great right now. I'm really excited that now that I have found a job I can relax and settle in to doing some more fun things with my evenings rather then looking for silly jobs! I'm def up for reading some good books this winter so let me know what you all are reading.

Greg and I are doing great. He still loves his job but hates his commute now since they moved out of the city and into Burlington, MA (for those that dont know it's WAY north of the city and takes him about an hour and 20 min on a good day to get there! ew!!) So other then the BC vs Tech fiasco coming up on Thursday we've just been busy watching the Red Sox and Patriots and both Tech and BC all having really great seasons.

Oh and one last thing ... how cute is this baby?!?!

3 comments:

mccashew said...

HOORRAY!!!! Wonderful news on the new gig, we are SO insanely happy and excited for you. BRAVO!!! Baby's first Reeboks?

I was talking with your mom yesterday and I told her how sad I am for you two this week. Don't worry, it's just one game! It doesn't seem fair that one of you gets to be happy and the other will have to be so sad does it??? Can't he just give in and cheer for the higher ranked team? Doesn't he want to attend a bowl game this year? =)

and thanks for posting that pic, I love that one!!!

KHMcManama said...

You gotta read "Eat, Pray, Love" - but hold off if you can't afford to take a whirlwind, one-year trip to Italy, India & Indonesia - I wish I had.

Also, I have another good one for you - "Same Kind of Different as Me."

Also, Alice Sebold ("Lovely Bones", "Lucky") has come out with a new book.

Oh, Jodi - where art thou?

Rebe said...

I remember seeing that job listed on Monster, and thinking the commute from the cape would have been a killer. Good luck with it!