January 10, 2008

What have I gotten myself into?!

Some of you are probably coming from Kerry's blog now. And yeah, I said I would do it, so I'm going to do it. A whole 6 miles. Honestly it doesn't seem like much when comparing to the 26.2 that Kerry will be doing, but with me, Colleen, yeah it's HUGE.

I was talking (read: complaining, whining, bitching) to my best friend from college about it and she just simply stated, "Yeah, you really dont like to run do you?" It's almost to a comical point. I will do ANYTHING except running. I've even started taking Zumba (google it!) classes. It's like put me on a treadmill and it's like medieval torture device! My high school soccer coach* timed me once -- I ran faster with a soccer ball then I did without - honestly. We had to do sprints and I ran faster with a ball at my feet then without. I like a goal. I like a "reason" to run. I guess Kerry has given me a reason ... though I dont know how long it will last after the marathon.




*This is the same high school soccer coach who saw me at Christmas Eve Mass holding the princess Caroline and asked me in the most awkward/hilarious voice "Is she ...... yours?!" hahahaha - which was exactly what I was hoping would happen - the gossip to spread like wild fire in my oh-so-small Pleasantville type town that I had a child. I still laugh about it to myself. ha. ha.

No comments: